Saturday 3 November 2012

The Kindness of Parents

Diminishes with time.

I was rudely awoken at 6AM with a fit of pain in my neck, which has remained immobile ever since. I later get on to Skype with my parents and explain why my left shoulder is about 6 cm higher than my left.

My mother found this "grotesque"
My father started twisting his neck in all directions, to show me that HE still can.

Reminding me of faraway 2004, when I suddenly lost my voice completely and could only speak in a hoarse whisper, which required great effort.
That same day I emailed my parents to let them know, so when my phone rang and they were calling I assumed it was urgent and responded (I wasn't taking calls during those days).

I reply to hear them both giggling down the phone and saying "Becky, Becky, sing us a song!"

Parents are mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment