Friday 20 September 2013

Pizza: it's not what you think

Conversation held last night between the guy at Fellini Pizzeria taking my order - let's call him Filbert - and me*.
*Note: in my head this was all friendly banter; G later told me I was being rude and obnoxious. So I may never return there. Again. 

Me: A large margherita please and 2 Peroni

Filbert: Excuse me? What kind of pizza?

Me: A larghe margherita.

Filbert:.... *look of confusion*

Me: You know. Just a pizza.

Filbert: Oh ok. I thought you said margherita. We don't have that.

Me: Of course you do.

Filbert: No we don't.

Me: What do you put on a pizza with no toppings?

Filbert: Mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce.

Me (slapping counter top with my palm): Margherita!

Filbert ignores me and puts in the order. Rightly so.

Me: So when you serve a margherita, what are you serving?

Filbert: Spinach, garlic,...

and I missed the rest, for obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment