Wednesday 8 July 2015

Atlanta United FC

When we joined the Atlanta MLS Founders Club we were allowed to vote for preferences on the team name selection.

Both G and I voted for making it Atlanta-centric, and my preference was for a city-focused name, rather than a mascot-focused name. The latter always makes me feel like it's a team that could be anywhere, and I am more accustomed to supporting the team of your city. My vote was for FC Atlanta.

I almost won.

I bring you the unveiling of Atlanta United FC.

Atlanta started as a city called Terminus, as it was a railroad end and then change point. It remains a transit city, with the busiest airport in the world and a moving and diverse population. Thus they justified the name. I'll take it. 

#BringYourAGame

No comments:

Post a Comment