Saturday 24 December 2011

New Apartment - Day 1

Just had our first night in the new apartment.

I am a little amazed at the space. It seems normal, but then I stand in the bathroom, stretch both my arms out and I'm not touching any walls.

We don't have any furniture yet, just a bed, so we are eating off plastic plates and sitting on kitchen counters. The building has a 24 hour business centre, so this is my internet access for now. Oh, I also seem to have lost two towels somewhere, so I air dry.

The location is great, I will get some photos up soon, but we can walk to some cafe's, restaurants, a dry cleaners and even a couple of grocery stores. There's a sushi place across the street called Taka which makes me think of Elena Babbuina. G has scouted the local grocery store in detail and it has passed the test (clearly all done before we signed the lease) and there is also a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's pretty near by. Oh, and the cafe' we stopped that first day, opened by a guy from Surrey? That's on the next block up. All in all well planned.

Social engagements have also begun, meeting Melanie and her native pals for drinks at the W yesterday. It's a 5 minute drive up the road, but it turns out that if you miss the entrance and take a wrong turn you end up on the Interstate and it takes an hour to get there. So I think next time I won't do that. But it was a great evening with a sunset view form the roof top bar.
And tomorrow is Christmas lunch chez Pandersons! With Mama Panderson, Papa Panderson and their four legged critter Rocco. Looking forward to that.

Happy Christmas Eve to all!

2 comments:

  1. Once you have a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, you're all set food-wise. By the way, congrats on finally making it to the US! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So far so liking it!

    ReplyDelete