Wednesday 6 June 2012

But I did make it to New York

What a week.

After skipping out on the Lake Lanier boat ride outing extravaganza, I flew to NY for the week instead. This was mainly work so I spent most of my time running in between meetings and also feeling GREAT because they all went well. My clients/contacts rock.

It just so happened that the parentals were in town at the same time so I took a day off to spend with them.

As a side note: we stayed at the Doubletree Hilton. They give you a cookie when you check but the rooms have no WiFi. NO WIFI. Internet is included but only by cable. Apparently they have never heard of iPhones, let alone iPads.

But that aside it was a great day out, we saw Kimeran, and then Kristin and Peter, we had buffalo for lunch at Ted's Montana Grill, we saw Jersey Boys, and were then intercepted but a Four-Seasons-song-singing kid on the street in front of Penn Station. We had dinner in Hoboken, which I had never seen, at the very good Bin14 (I recommend), and got to see the Manhattan skyline from there (I also recommend).

Speaking of skylines, this is what Central Park looks like from the 28th floor of 745 5th Avenue

All this was followed by a weekend in Poughkeepsie for my 10th college reunion at Vassar College. Yes, that. Which was, yes indeed, fun. Amazing how out of place I was though, I couldn't remember how to get from one part of campus to the other (this is not a large campus). But it was good fun to show Giuseppe my amazing freshman year dorm room and see some of the people I enjoyed the most in my time there. I was missing a few people though, like me two senior year flatmates, and a couple more friends from freshman year. Although it turns out most of my friends were either younger or older than me. 

Anyway, I looked like this:


London now, more later


No comments:

Post a Comment