Monday 8 April 2013

Atlanta Praise

For organising a brilliant free outdoor party for the Final Four games, taking place in this city.

The final four is, apparently, the semi-finals and finals of the university basketball championships. Given that my only previous US experience was the not-known-for-athletics Vassar College, I just learnt this now.

Held in Centennial Olympic Park and entirely free of charge over the course of three days, performers included My Morning Jacket, Macklemore, Flo Rida, Muse, Ludacris, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Sting and more. Also the Dave Matthews Band whose music I don't know but who I gather are a big deal here.

Macklemore/Ryan Lewis by the way proved to be a revelation: the show was seamless beginning to end and unfolded like a fully choreographed stage production. Already a staunch fan of the music (with Same Love as a favourite), my admiration has only grown.

[Images below]

Of course my Friday night was dedicated to Mike's birthday celebrations complete with period cocktails, speakeasy and cigars. Of course.





No comments:

Post a Comment