Monday 27 April 2015

Morality

I, myself, am not an atheist. But I agree with this nonetheless.

Penn Gillette:

"People who say 'if I don't believe in God what stops me from raping and killing everybody I want to'. And the answer is: I have raped and killed everybody I want to. And the number is zero. I want to rape and kill no one, because it is morally wrong.

"Being an atheist does not mean not having morality. Being an atheist means having morality. Because if you are doing something for reward or punishment, it is not morality. It is fear, or it is greed, but it is not morality.

"When we are raising children, do we want them to say 'I do not want to do this because I will be caught', or do we want them to say 'I do not want to do this because it is wrong'".

No comments:

Post a Comment