Thursday 26 April 2012

Sounds like "mold"

I had another one of those moments yesterday when I decided to speak and the result was looks of fear and confusion.

As it turns out: glühwein is not much consumed in the US of A. So while discussing the organisation of what I think of as a Christmas Market, I added my two bits of "And of course we'll have a huge vat of mulled wine." Silence descended upon the table, as everyone tries to figure out why I would suggest we serve visitors mouldy wine.

As a side note: I find it mildly interesting that while the French call is vin chaud, the Italians use the French name vin brule'. I said it was only mildly interesting.


1 comment:

  1. During the winter we drink a lot of mulled wine here in Portland. Actually, everyone drinks so much of it that no one works...they just sit around drinking mulled wine all the time (and it's so damp here if it sound like "mold" no one even flinches.) That's "everyone" except me because at one point in my life I started throwing up after just one sip of red wine...I'll probably be kicked out of Portland soon.

    ReplyDelete