Friday 5 July 2013

I feel so independent

A good fourth of July yesterday, despite the buckets and buckets of rain falling each second all over Atlanta.

A stroll up to see the Peachtree Road Race. I felt only partly embarrassed for feeling tired after standing there for almost two hours but good fun seeing friends run by. To note: people running by the police along the route, and giving them shout outs. Nice.

Following a few productive work hours, Giuseppe made me a wonderful spuma di patate and bought a bottle of Santa Cristina for lunch.

And the evening saw us at a house party (it was raining still) with not a single American. Well, not a whole one, I count as half and that was all the representation present. But good times it was. I dressed as a firework. Because that's how I roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment