Monday 4 April 2011

Man, I Feel Like a Woman

Yesterday I both washed my make up brushes and made tiramisu. If this all made me feel unnaturally feminine, does it mean I am sexist?

I used my mother's recipe for tiramisu, which some of you know: makes the best tiramisu in the world. Hands down.

In fact I inherit from my mother all my best traits: an over-sized Roman nose, a complete lack of patience and a sweet tooth that knows no boundaries. Not to mention my kitchen-boredom. Cooking requires great will power for me, and I can only cook recipes that require constant action. As soon as I have to wait, stir, watch, the dish is pretty much doomed. The only exception is sweets. And not faux-healthy sorbet or fruit pudding. I am talking ice cream, brownies, cakes and, we now discover: tiramisu. If I know I get desert at the end of it, I can cook and cook and cook.

In case you are wondering: the tiramisu was delicious! Yes. even exclamation-point-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment