Tuesday 26 April 2011

Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine

The name Matt Shepard may ring a bell. He was a lovely young man, best known for having been brutally beaten and left to die one night in 1998. He went from being somebody I had met a couple of times, a friend of my brother who always smiled and seemed to take a genuine interest in me and my life, to being a headline; a cause; a terrible, haunting story.

My friend Michele (@michelejosue) is now making a documentary about the young man behind the headlines. In her own words:
I feel it's so important, especially in this day and age, to share with the world the story of our Matt, as not just a symbol, but as a real person who had the love and respect of his family and his many friends
See more about the project Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine on kickstarter. You can donate to the film project, and find the project on Facebook as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment