Monday 7 October 2013

Atlanta opera

That's the one with the funny singing; not the club.

And it is magnificent! 

This was my first time there, having purchased season tickets, with high expectations. And they were met and surpassed. 

I should mention that I saw the Tosca. It was my first time seeing it live, and has been on my to do list since I was a little girl. I mean, this is the opera where the tragic heroine jumps off the Castel Sant'Angelo to her dramatic and devastating death. Who doesn't want to see that live? 
It certainly helps that the music is breathtaking. 

Opening night brought a crowd of silk lapels and evening gowns; a discerning and enthusiastic audience; a flawless resident orchestra;  a soprano seemingly born to sing Tosca and Cavaradossi as I always imagined him. 

Thank you Atlanta!


No comments:

Post a Comment