Wednesday 23 October 2013

Football

Of the American variety.

Nobody had told me this was so much fun!

Actually many people had told me that. But you don't know until you know.

First I have to congratulate Americans, once again, for how they do sports. Sports here are a chance for fun. Amazing concept, isn't it? I love football (futbol, soccer) with all my heart and it crushes me every time I hear about soccer-related violence or offenses. It is such a contrast to the atmosphere at games here, where there is a whole playground happening outside a stadium or arena, and a circus taking place inside.

It can become a bit of a sensory overload if you're not used to it, but overall I like what they do. The camaraderie of in-stadium cheering is a great thing.

And I enjoyed the football too! I confess that I tend to find American sports (basketball, baseball, American football) rather slow, but with this game my attention was captured.

So: very little commentary and just a rather self-indulgent post to appreciate my day of Falcons victory. Rise Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment