Saturday 1 October 2011

GOLD!

Always believe in your souuuul
You have the power to know
You're indestructible
Always believe

You are GOLD!

Monday last, the 26th, I was at the Spectrum Ball, for the National Autistic Society. A great association helping a great cause. Which happens to throw great charity balls.

Last year's guest entertainer was Jools Holland. Let me say that again: Jools Holland!

And this year? Tony Hadley.
Let me say that, also, again: Tony Hadley.

Yes: I got to dance to Gold, LIVE! And, as it happens, also Rio. And Suspicious Minds, but sung by, you guessed it, Tony Hadley.

Props to the Savoy: great setting and good food.

Props to my guests for joining in with the silliness- I mean, awesomeness, on the dance floor.

2 comments:

  1. Ah was that the thing? Cool. So it was cool? Did Helmut behave? Did Giuseppe sing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes and yes and even yes. Although not into a mic. Helmut behaved surprisingly well. I put him in between two fabulous women who chatted him away the whole time, I think he was satisfied over all. He wore a velvet bow tie.
    But then he had to scamper away at midnight to go work!! Crazy

    ReplyDelete